Tuesday 3 September 2013

My Back to School Beauty Kit

Hey Guys!

For most people in the UK back to school is this week (seriously, where did the summer go?) and we're all busy filling our bags and pencil cases with the equipment we need. This year I decided I definitely needed to bring a couple of beauty essentials (not my whole makeup drawer of course, but the most important 'touch up' bits) so I don't get caught out after sport, hot weather or the typical British rain. 


My cute cat bag was a bargain at £3 from Primark and is the perfect size to fit all of my products in. My beauty must-haves for school that are in this bag are:

1. Hand-Cream and a Nail file- These two are essential for keeping hands hydrated and sorting out any hang nails, both of mine come from a wild-rose gift set from The Body Shop, but any kind will do.
2. Mascara- Mascara is great for making the eyes look wide awake and is an essential for touch ups during the day. I use Lancome's Hypnose Doll Eyes which is a personal favourite.
3. Clear Mascara- I have particularly unruly brows, so a clear mascara is a must have to keep them in check. This MUA one is as good as any other I've tried and is only £1!
4. Black Liquid Eyeliner- If I need to go somewhere with friends after school, or need to instantly refresh my makeup, a black liquid liner is indispensable, this one from Eyelure isn't my favourite, but it's compact size means it fits neatly in the bag.
5. Brown pencil eyeliner- This serves the same purpose as the liquid liner but can also be smudged out to give more of an eye shadow effect.
6. Lip-Balm- Keeping my lips hydrated is essential.
7. Mini Dry Shampoo- If I didn't have time to wash my hair, or it's looking a bit lackluster after PE, dry shampoo is perfect to refresh it and give a bit of volume.
8. Concealer- Perfect for covering up under eye circles and any spots that might pop up throughout the day.
9. Pocket Mirror- I'm always needing to check my makeup during school, so a mirror is an essential for me.
10. Mini Pack of wipes- Perfect for cleaning up makeup mistakes.
11. Hand Sanitizer- School isn't always the cleanest of places so I use hand-sanitizer for cleaning my hands before or after lunch, or just during the day whenever I feel like I need to.

Hope those of you going back to school have a great year!

Penny
xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment