Tuesday 13 August 2013

Product Spotlight: MAC Eye shadows in 'Honey Lust' and 'Bronze'

Hey Guys!

Before jetting off on my recent holiday to Switzerland I decided to make a few makeup purchases to take advantage of the duty free discounts, and when I saw a MAC store, I knew exactly where to head first. Although MAC probably isn't my most lusted after makeup range they have such a broad range of colours and the quality of all their products is extremely good, definitely worthy of their high-end price tag.

After being overwhelmed by the choice available at the counter, I eventually set my sights on two eye shadows (neutrals... Of course) in 'Honey Lust' and 'Bronze' because I felt that they were two really versatile shades which were totally different to any of the other brown-toned neutrals in my current collection.


The products come in MAC's standard 'no frills' packaging  with the round pots containing a fairly standard 1.5g of shadow (which for£12.50 each, is probably why I haven't taken the MAC eye shadow plunge before). The packaging is convenient for travel and the shadow pan can be removed and placed into a MAC palette were you to own one.



(Left=Bronze) (Right=Honey Lust)

As you can see from the swatches Bronze is a medium-brown shade with red undertones and a shimmer finish making it suitable for both an all over lid shade and a crease colour for a natural, every day, smokey eye. Honey Lust is a pink toned champagne gold colour with a lustre finish which is a good lid shade to brighten the eye when paired with something a bit darker (like bronze) in the crease for definition. Both shadows (as typical to MAC) have amazing pigmentation and consistency, particularly Bronze which has less glitter fallout than Honey Lust, and both have become a regular part of my makeup routine as they're flattering shades which are suitable for both every day and creating a more dramatic look.

You can purchase these shadows from MAC stores and counters for an RRP of £12.50.

Penny

XoX




0 comments:

Post a Comment