Monday 22 July 2013

Beauty Book Club: Lauren Conrad, Beauty

Hey Guys!

I'm always on the hunt to find new resources to help me to learn that bit more about makeup and to give me new ideas for applying it and mixing up my everyday look, so when I came across 'Beauty' by Lauren Conrad it seemed rude not to spend my £20 WH Smith's gift voucher on it!

For those of you who don't know who Lauren is, she's a reality TV star from 'Laguna Beach' and 'The Hills'. Lauren's style is amazing, and her makeup always looks flawless (she runs the blog 'The Beauty Department' with her hairstylist and makeup artist) so naturally any book that claims to hold all of her beauty secrets had to be mine!


Although this book contains no 'revolutionary' tips as far as makeup goes, I did learn some helpful pointers from the easy to follow diagrams such as how to properly contour and highlight along with how to do the perfect cat flick (something Lauren is the master of, and I fail at miserably). The layout and pictures in this book are aesthetically pleasing which makes it a good read even if you learn nothing from it. Overall I would say this book is a great choice for beginners and even those more experienced with makeup will find it enjoyable to flick through.

You can pick this book up from all major book stores and Amazon for an RRP of £14.99 (although it's only £8.39 on Amazon- bargain!).

Penny 

xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment