Thursday 14 November 2013

Product Spotlight: Collection 'Bedazzled' Palette

Hey Guys!

A couple of weeks ago it was my birthday and among many other lovely presents and cards that I received from my family and friends, I was given this Collection eye shadow palette. Let me just start by saying that if you hate shimmery eye shadows and the thought of glitter makes you shudder then click away now - this definitely won't be for you.


The packaging of the product isn't fantastic, it's just a cardboard 'book style' palette with a magnetized close -however for the price point I wouldn't really expect anything too expensive looking packaging-wise.  


The eye shadows themselves are of average size, and as you can see from the above picture, very, very glittery. The bottom row of colours aren't really ones that I would think to wear (being a strictly neutrals only girl) but I think that they're a nice addition for someone who likes to add a pop of colour to their look now and again.


Sadly, as you can see from the above swatches, the colour payoff from the majority of the shadows isn't great - there is extensive glitter fallout from all but the copper toned brown on the far left, and the white, grey, peach and bronze shades barely show up at all. The shadows are fairly chalky and difficult to work with (again with the exception of the copper-brown) and so I wouldn't really recommend this product to you if you're looking for good quality eye shadow on a budget (perhaps somewhere like Sleek or MUA would be better).
The palette can be picked up from Boots or Superdrug for £4.49

Hope you've all had a great week!

Penny

XoX

0 comments:

Post a Comment